2016 Erasmus+ targeting on refugees & vulnerable groups
Following the various initiatives of the Eu Commission regarding the management of reception of asylum seekers & refugees, the 2016 Erasmus+ has a particular focus on supporting active policies targeted to refugees & other marginalized & vulnerable groups.
The EC has launched two specific pages:
- Here for all sectors participating in the 2016 Erasmus+ program
- Here for the specific measures for the support of active policies of inclusion through higher education
The program guide has been updated with specific points regarding social cohesion and integration of refugees and migrants; in particular:
- the action-lines for young people in general
- KA2 Strategic Partnerships (Key action 2) the priority activities for inclusion, combating radicalization, supporting migrants & refugees
- horizontal priorities for this action are applied in all areas
A summary of EC policy developments is: ‘Towards a European agenda on migration’.
For the latest Eu news on the refugee crisis, please see State of Play: Measures to Address the Refugee Crisis, Brussels, 4 January 2016.